Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Great Culinary Experiment

I realize its been a while since I last blogged about food. I do sometimes take pictures of food when I'm cooking, to make the process more interesting, given the fact that I can always blog about it later. Today I want to share a great culinary experiment I did some time back. It turned out to be a mix between Pakistani and Mexican cuisine. Honestly I was bored, I got some random stuff from the fridge and voila, the result turned out to be a pleasant, yummy surprise.



The random ingredients I selected at the spur of the moment were chicken, two capsicum, an onion, some baby tomatoes, green chili according to taste, black olives, a can of mushrooms, some tomato paste, Dijon Mustard and Worcestershire Sauce.





I put some oil in the wok, added whole cumin seeds along with chopped onion pieces. Continuously stirring the wok till the onions were a lovely golden brown, I then went on to add a teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste, chopped green chillies and some salt. Mix in the tomato paste, the chopped tomatoes and whilst stirring go on to add the chicken along with some Dijon Mustard. Proceed to now add the chopped capsicum.  Note what a delightfully vibrant and colorful dish this is turning out to be.



Add some Worcestershire Sauce and then also add the contents of the can of mushrooms. The lovely aroma of all the ingredients mixing together will envelope your kitchen.


Keep the wok on the pan until the chicken is cooked, stirring from time to time to ensure the contents do not stick on the pan. Once the chicken is almost done, add the diced black olives.



Once done, the chicken should be moist and tender, and should cut easily with a fork.


Put the contents on a plate and enjoy hot. It is quite a different dish with lot of flavors mixed together. On hindsight, I am glad I was in an experimenting mood that day since it led to this scrumptious culinary delight.



No comments:

Post a Comment